Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#36533 - 14/08/2001 12:19 Tweak order by "Weird Al" parody
drakino
carpal tunnel

I know this is never likely to be implented, but it's a fun request anyhow.

I'd like a way to easially play the parody of a song I am currently listening to. Perfect example are all the Weird Al Yankovic songs I have on my empeg. I suggest putting this button next to the "Stun/Kill" option currently on remotes.

Anyway, back to work...

#36534 - 14/08/2001 12:22 Re: Tweak order by "Weird Al" parody [Re: drakino]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I actually want to do this quite often, being a parodist myself. Weird Al is THE MAN!

Dunno how you'd do it, though. Emplode has no idea what's a parody of what.

In version 2.0, you will be able to do an "insert by title" while the first song is playing. This'll get you what you want, although it'll take a few more button presses.

#36535 - 14/08/2001 15:48 Re: Tweak order by "Weird Al" parody [Re: tfabris]
rjlov

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
It should be do-able. You could do it so that you could tag a field in the database as being a reference to another track (maybe a fid) and then have some UI to navigate that link. There could be lots of things different links you might like. e.g. "Parody of", "Live version of", "Cover of", "Remix of", "Remaster of" ...

I'm not going to think about how you might make a useful UI for it though!

Richard.

#36536 - 14/08/2001 15:52 Re: Tweak order by "Weird Al" parody [Re: rjlov]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
There could be lots of things different links you might like. e.g. "Parody of", "Live version of", "Cover of", "Remix of", "Remaster of" ...

Could just be a single field: "Related to". That could encompass all of the above. Then a new Tweak Order key could simply "find related". Sometimes it would pull up a parody, sometimes a live version, etc.

The only hard part is, as an end-user, it's up to you to make the relationship links. There's no way for Emplode to figure that stuff out on its own.

#36537 - 14/08/2001 22:53 Re: Tweak order by "Weird Al" parody [Re: tfabris]
charcoalgray99
enthusiast

This would also be useful for “album version (explicit)”, “radio version (clean)” or instrumental and acapella versions of the same song.

Tom

#36538 - 14/08/2001 23:04 Re: Tweak order by "Weird Al" parody [Re: drakino]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
that would be neat but you are right about probably not being implemented. I would like to ba able to display the comments line in the database then I could display the original artist and title

32Gig MK2 In 2001 VW Golf TDI

Matt